Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Student Profile // Lucy Curran

Allow Me To Introduce Myself:


 I am currently a Junior in the College of Business Administration majoring in Marketing with a minor in Economics. Also, I am a member of the Global Business Honors Program or GBHP, which I highly recommend anyone interested in the College of Business Administration check out. GBHP has provided me with many invaluable opportunities, but my most memorable experiences have been on our trips abroad. With GBHP, I have travelled to London, Dublin, Paris, and Buenos Aires and Beijing over Spring Break.

In addition to academics, campus activities have been a great aspect of my life at Fordham. Since my sophomore year, I have been a member of Rose Hill Society, which gives tours to prospective students. I continued being a tour guide this past summer when I worked in the Admissions Department, where I gave a tour each day! Also, I have tutored student athletes in Economics and participated in a variety of community outreach programs.
Apart from activities on campus at Fordham, I have also had the valuable experience of interning at different companies. During the Spring semester of my sophomore year, I interned in the News department at NBC Universal. Working in the 30 Rock building was as exciting as the work that I got to do for MSNBC.com. The best part of my internship was working on the Cause Celeb section of the MSNBC.com website, which highlights different celebrities and charities that they promote. I worked with publicists to arrange interviews, researched the charities, transcribed interviews, and even got to interview Pete Wentz, from Fall Out Boy about his work with the Invisible Children Charity. You can check out the link to the interview here.


For my Junior year, I decided to switch industries and get some real world experience in the area of Economics, which is my minor field of study. In my current internship, I work down by Wall Street at a Repurchase Broker-Dealer firm. This atmosphere is very different from NBC, but I have found it very valuable to be surrounded by people in the finance industry. It is fascinating to see how industry professionals in the real world deal with the market conditions that are talked about in my classes or are all over the news.


Now that you know about some of my interests and experiences, I hope you can use this blog to get a glimpse into the life of Fordham students in the College of Business Administration. Check back weekly for updates and feel free post any comments or questions that you would like me to address.

No comments:

Post a Comment